In the fast-paced world of working people, online food order delivery Applications are a billion-dollar idea. It has taken a liking among people Mobile applications like zomato,swiggy, Uber eats, postmates, foodpanda, etc. have gained a lot of financial value and also reached the top used applications in all the app stores. People can order their most favorite dishes from preferred Restaurants. And the added comfort of sitting on the couch at their homes Watching TV or any movie.
The food was delivered to their doorstep within a Limited time and. They also order related requests or specific preparation Tips can be specified to the restaurant. The online food order delivery app also provide better and fast service to their customer or entrepreneurs, on-demand.
There some most popular which had mainly used in the market which are:-
2. Uber eats
Food delivery apps are a good business idea to work do. Apps are getting significant traction from mobile app users. The reason for Such food delivery apps to gain popularity suddenly. It is the fast delivery Time and good customer service in case of development of the food delivery application. There are a few things that the entrepreneur And the developer should keep in mind. The order online food order application should develop Proper collaborations with restaurants from around Every city.
The restaurants that are application partners must have all Cuisines so the users will be able to order with the app. Than goes Searching for restaurants with these different styles of cooking. Apps must have a proper business model, which is proper Planning; the layout is important before app development. The planning must take place after Good research has been done with respect in different Segments of the application. The mobile application for the online food order delivery
The app should contain a series of features that make the ordering of the food requested by the user very interactive. This also includes the integration of various mobile wallets that are popular to facilitate. The user to utilize the different payment options available in the Market.
A basic business model generated after proper research for a Food delivery app must contain the following
The first step of the application is to partner with restaurants from various Cuisines. To attract a variety of users to order food using the application. This also means that the application should include partnering with Restaurants. To provide fast and cheap food like snacks, chat to hi-fi Costly places. The next step would be to arrange the required delivery personnel based on demand. So For cities and highly populated cosmopolitan environments; the application Must have a lot of delivery boys while for smaller geographic locations. For delivery, the number of correspondents has provided.
2. Pivotal activities:
As the purpose of the application is to deliver food to the customers. The Major activity performed by the company would be to online deliver the food From the restaurant to the customer. To online deliver the food the company Requires delivering personnel who pick up the food and deliver to the customer. The restaurants that are not functioning for online food Orders must be shut down in the app. For that, the company must maintain Clear logistics to help in better processing of the orders.
For all this, the Creation of the technological platform for the app infrastructure is primary. The app must also perform seamlessly so the maintenance of the app Becomes an important job of the company. The order has to process both on the user side and the restaurant side that is the job of the company.
3. Pivotal resources:
The platform used to build the application and maintain it is the main Resource of the company. Delivery personnel and the partnership are considered as resources. This means the restaurants and delivery personnel are answerable to the Company.
4. Value proposition:
App’s are based on logged on the portal that has a different value. User has the information on restaurants of their location in the application. The application also allows for ordering from this list of restaurants. The user has a 24/7 customer support facility in case of queries or problems regarding the placed order. Users can track their order process from the restaurant accepting the order, to pick up and then live to track the delivery executive. For more order, the restaurants escalated a large number of the customer.
They also get an online platform with continuous order requests that might not be possible without the partnership with the application. For the commission of the company, only a part of the order has paid. The delivery personnel gets a part-time job with good revenue and also the users can tip the delivery executives. They also obtain extra money as a conveyance for refueling the vehicle used for the delivery purpose.
5. Customer relationship:
The application must have a 24/7 customer support for food is available throughout the day. The customer might have issues with the delivery or payment. For short issue the customer executive have to present; the application can make use of the Advancements in technology like catboats to help in providing better Customer support. customer care personnel can solve order related issues. The integration of social media to the app helps in maintaining a good customer relation. By clicking on the link offer and promo code have easily used or shared.
6. Required platforms:
The company must have a website to retain the online traffic obtained by it. Need for a mobile application, Android and IOS devices are the top two operating systems for online food order delivery. The company might also have a progressive web app that works in all of the platforms like phones, tablets, computers, etc. And removes the necessity for separate app designing for different platforms or devices.
The user segment of the application will consist of people who do not want to cook any food or who want to eat from outside and are ready to order food online from that they prefer and from restaurants that they like. The restaurant segment consists of all the partnered restaurants which do not have proper delivery personnel. Those restaurants seeking to enlarge their customer base by getting an online food order segment to boost sales.
8. Initial development cost:
This part must include the initial cost required to develop the application, running cost of the application with the maintenance costs. The cost has accounted for permanent staff and delivery personnel with fuel charges in the salary.
Through the application earn by each order have the percentage commission revenue of the company. the company revenue generated by promoting the particular branding and promoting programs. If the application is popular, displaying ads will also generate a lot of income which will belong to the company.
The working of the company continued after having almost a good amount of research and information generation. With a proper business model adopted for the company, the next important task would be the actual design and development of the online food order application. The application must have a good home screen arrangement which shows the list of restaurants that are available for delivery to the user based on the location data provided by the GPS.
Then the user should be able to choose from this list of restaurants and order a dish or variety of dishes which are required so the application must also contain an easy to access menu for the restaurants and also a good ordering page which shows the summary of the ordered items. The order should be checked out by the user, so the order page should lead to the payment portal or gateway. The application must be integrated with a variety of payment options.
This integration to mobile wallets, UPI payment and net banking options in addition to debit cards and credit cards is necessary to provide the users with ease of payment that is secure and also swift. After successful payment from the user, the restaurant is notified about the order and the delivery executive is to be assigned for the order.
the amount is transferred in the account of the restaurant owner and the application owner gets a commission. For proper functioning, a segmented application based on whether the user is the restaurant or customers ordering food or delivery personnel is to be made.
The requirements of each segment of the food delivery application are stated below:
- User segment – The list of features or must-haves in the user segment are given below.
- User login – Any app has a user login to help in making the process of using it or personalizing it faster. So a food delivery app should have an easy user login process by integrating with Google or any social media platforms. The app can also take a mobile number and confirm Immediately by using a simple OTP.
- Location services – location or live location is used for finding the If the use for finding the nearby restaurant which available for delivery of food orders from a location that has the address saved in the app, the address can be selected by just clicking from the saved locations tab when ordering. Even if ordering from a new place the app recognizes the address accurately using GPS and the user only needs to edit the displayed address.
- Homepage – The opening screen of the app should be simple and elegant in portraying the list of nearby restaurants. Using a complex and sophisticated layout on the home screen might confuse the users and become a big turn off for the application.
- Menu – The menu of the food ordering app is one of the most important segments which have designed with the most care. The menu must display the complete menu of the restaurant organized based on the cuisines and types of food. If the restaurant provides both vegetarian and non-vegetarian food then an only veg toggle button at the top of the menu will be necessary for sorting the menu. The menu should have proper searching options based on various factors and the user should be able to filter easily based on the categories.
- Cart – The cart section is the part between the menu and the payment module. It should display the details of the food in the cart clearly and the user should be able to modify the quantity if necessary and should be redirected to the menu if the user wants to add any other dishes from the same restaurant. The option for applying promotional coupons or codes should be availed in this part of the user module just before payment and a clear skeleton of the bill with the total amount to be paid should be displayed in this module. The cart and the payment module should be closely linked for any mobile commerce app so it is to be followed for a food delivery application too.
- Tracking – Live tracking option to track the exact location of the ordered food is one option that is very good to provide a good user experience. delivery time must be shown in the order. An in picture window can be used to show the tracking details in the case of the Android device.
- Restaurant panel: This segment has the restaurant related Functionalities.
- Dashboard: the dashboard used to check the previous order, order in processes. This segment helps the restaurant in maintaining the online application based delivery easily. application is used to check the status and upgrade if the restaurants are closed. The restaurant can accept or decline the orders that appear on the dashboard if there is any problem like item no availability of materials or other issues with delivering the ordered
Managing the restaurant account – The restaurant can manage the complete menu display like adding the name of dishes with corresponding pictures.
1 They can also add the approximate time required for preparing the dishes so the user can get a good idea.
2. They can also put up periodic offers on specific items or the entire menu to promote to customers.
3. They can also mention the working time of the restaurant to automatically update the app for opening and closing user orders.
8. Payment segment –
This segment of the restaurant module consists of all the detailed summaries of the completed orders arranged based
on daily deliveries. The stored application can be used as the revenue report for the app.
weekly or monthly as requested by the user.
Delivery person module – The delivery executive will use the features in
The delivery personnel will receive credentials from the application administrator that is used to login into the application. This
is done to keep the delivery executive details confidential and the processes like payment to the delivery boy, tracking the order delivery
status, etc. can be made easier this way.
Order requests –
The algorithm was used to select the delivery personal when food is ordered. Each order will have an order ID and the delivery executive might be chosen for more than one order at a time. The application’s algorithm chooses the best course of proceeding with the orders for faster delivery of the orders.
The delivery person must have the order related information navigation system have used in food delivery. Which shows the directions to the delivering person to guide them to the customer at the earliest. Restaurant picks up and delivery of orders has been shown to the delivery person.
1. Call and chatting function –
The delivery person can contact the customer regarding any order related queries and also vice versa. They also get push notifications if the customer or the admin of the app tries to contact them regarding any changes or cancellation in the order.
2.Wallet or offline payments –
The delivery person directly gets the amount to earn by the application in this initial wallet or in his bank account. If payment made in the wallet of the app. The delivery executive can transfer it to their bank account by providing their account details.
3.Order history –
The delivery person can look into the orders previously delivered to the customers in case of any queries from the admin. Executive can have the direct track of the information of order history
Additional features are mention below:
Real-time tracking –
It is one important feature that apps of this kind must invest in. With this, the user can get a better estimate of the order delivery times with the ability to look at the location of the delivery personnel in real-time.
Queuing algorithm –
This algorithm selects the delivery person based on their current location and chooses a person within a fixed distance from the restaurant, the admin chooses this maximum distance. A search of the delivery borders must be large for finding a delivery person in the distance area.
Payment management –
For a possible solution, the application must be linked from the third-party payment method. there must be the use of the most known online payment method in the application. The user can pay with a little more flexibility and also payment method based offers and discounts can be provided by partnering with the payment gateway. The app can also have an in-app wallet to provide faster and more secure payment. The information provided above will give a good idea about the necessities of an on-demand online food order delivery application.
For a friendly and filled application for user, there must have the proper market research and information about new technology. The necessary functionalities for facilitating the users, restaurants and the delivery personnel. The extensive research might not cover some segments of the delivery app. For an online business, the entrepreneur and people have the knowledge of this billion dollar idea.